Spike Ate Roses!!!!
Photos of Poisonous Plants and Flowers for Dogs
I answered the phone last week to a friend shrieking in my ear: "Spike
ate roses!" After calming her down, I learned my friend's terrier,
Spike, had eaten roses. My friend wanted to know what the roses
would do to him? Thankfully, roses will only make his breath
smell better. Spike was fortunate this time. However, the
consumption of some flowers and plants can cause reactions varying from
a mild rash to death.
Below is a list of many common flowers and plants that are toxic to dogs.
Let your cursor hover over an item to see a picture and find out more information.
Flowers and plants that cause rashes
and plants that cause upset stomachs
and plants that cause organ damage
stomach, heart, etc.)
Flowers and plants that cause death
Because contact with some flowers and plants can cause reactions varying from an itch to death, it is best to teach your dog not to eat plants and flowers. Just as we baby proof our home for a new child, we must also dog proof our home for our four legged children. **Note this is a partial list of the most common plants and flowers. Should your dog eat a plant or flower, call your local poison control office or veterinarian. They can answer any questions and advise in actions needed to counteract poisons.
**Information in this article was obtained from the ASPCA
What Our Customers Are Saying:
* simple and easy to find just what you are looking for with out spending hours searching the web.
* very impressed with the service
* I have always had excellent service from 1st in Flowers, and have never had a cause for complaint. I would suggest to friends and family that they use this service, and have nothing but positive comments to this date.
Order by Phone 24 / 7:
Outside USA: 00-1-225-927-1062
Customer Service Hours:
8 AM - 5 PM CT Monday-Friday
9 AM - 1 PM CT Saturday
Comments or suggestions?
click here to email us: